Using The dream act is is possible to travel to Mexico to go visit her family she hasnt seen in a very long time?

Atlanta, GA |

I Am illegal and i am wondering if i can travel to mexico with the dream act?

1. You should not travel before you are approved for deferred action as a childhood arrival. Once approved you may apply for advanced parole. However, there is no guarantee you will be approved. Approval is on a case-by-case basis. Do consult an experienced immigration attorney for guidance.

2. I agree.

3. It appears that you are referring to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), and not the Dream Act. You should await until your DACA application has been approved and you have obtained a Travel Document before traveling internationally. In addition, you should consult with an immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, before traveling. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Also, please be sure to read my disclaimer below. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.