Skip to main content

Using self-directed IRA to invest in real estate

Seattle, WA |

How can I go about rolling over my old 401(k) into a self directed IRA and then use that to invest in real estate?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Most IRA custodians will not hold title to real estate for you. There are just a few that do. Entrust is one source--, but I encourage you to Google IRA and real estate and you will find others. You will need to set up an IRA with the group you choose. They then should have a form to allow you to roll over your 401(k) to the IRA. Then proceed to acquire the real estate.

    Best regards,