Skip to main content

Use security deposit for unpaid rent?

Albuquerque, NM |

I recently evicted a tenant from my apartments due to them not paying me for rent. They want their security deposit back but since they haven’t paid me for 3 months, can I keep their deposit to make up for my losses?

+ Read More

Attorney answers

There are no attorney answers yet. But, check back regularly—people often get a response within 12 hours.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer