USCIS to send us a letter to explain our case

New York, NY |

Okay my wife today called the USCIS to find out more about our case, since it's been under review for over a month now after the US Consulate sent it back.
The guy on the phone told my wife they will send a letter soon to explain more about our case.
He was calm and gently she said.
What will I have to expect? is this a good thing or can be a denial?.

I failed the interview in Naples, Italy for I-130. Case put under admin review, after 5 months returned to USCIS for further review.

More information is needed. Based on the facts you have given us here, , one cannot help but conclude that the consulate has recommended to USCIS to revoke its previously approved I-130 petition. The next thing is that the petitioner will get a notice of intent to deny from USCIS, With a 30 day deadline for responding. Better immediately hire an experienced immigration lawyer to deal with this.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

It would be imprudent for anyone to attempt to answer the question without getting a detailed statement from you on what happened at your interview. An immigration attorney can review exactly what happened, what the denial entailed, and what remedies, if any, exist to solve the issues. The USCIS might be requesting something similar to a waiver, which is very difficult to do without assistance. Reach out to someone in your area soon, so you can explain what happened and get some answers.

William Quirk, Esq. Meehan & Quirk, LLC 354 State Street, Hackensack, New Jersey (201)968-0800 http://www.meehanquirk.com The answers to questions provided by Mr. Quirk are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. This information is for informational purposes only and does not form any relationship between the individual asking the question and the attorney. You should investigate and consider all possible outcomes with a skilled individual before making a final decision.

When you are confronted with a situation like that, you would be best advised to hire an immigration attorney as soon as possible.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Your best bet would be to schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer immediately.

------------------------------
The Murray Law Firm
50 Harrison Street, Suite 310F
Hoboken, NJ 07030-6151
T: (201)875-2600
W: http://www.MurrayLawNJ.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MurrayLawNJ (Follow by clicking the "Like" button")
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/MurrayLawNJ

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website: http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.

Under these facts the realistic conclusion is that your petition was sent back to USCIS with a reommendation that it be revoked. USCIS will eventually get around to issuing a Notice of Intent to Revoke and give your spouse to the opportunity to present evidence as to why the petition should not, in fact, be revoked. This can be very difficult to do and you can expect this process to take 9 to 12 months as these types of cases are not very high priority to the agency.

I recommend that you and your wife consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the facts of your case, what happened during your consular interview, and recommend an appropriate course of action. Many immigration attorneys will conduct consultations via telephone and/or Skype for clients outside their local area.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics