Uscis sent me approved letter to the ice attorney instead to the nvc. how to get the i-130 sent to the nvc

Asked over 1 year ago - San Bernardino, CA

i came as an illigal immigrant i have been with my asylum case open ever since i came, i have work permit authorization,no criminal records and i dont know who i can to contact to get the i-130 sent to nvc i already tried uscis and no answers

1. Cindy Medina

8

Answered . File an application for action on an approved case. You file this with USCIS to have your case sent over. Although it seems like it was USCIS error sometimes it's easier and quicker to not point it out to them.

2. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

8

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. However, you may contact the National Visa Center directly, provide the case number, and see whether it can request information from US CI S. If not, then you will need to file the form for action On an approved visa as Miss Medina suggests.

If you have trouble, consider hiring a competent and experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

6

Answered . Hire an attorney to help.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . Is your asylum case in immigration Court? If so, then the ICE attorney is the correct person.

Have your attorney contact the ICE attorney.

5. Rachel L Rado

Answered . If you are in removal proceedings it is correct for USCIS to forward the approval of your I-130 to the Office of Chief Counsel (ICE Attorney). In your case, it is possible that your removal proceedings be administratively closed to allow you to proceed with consular processing and the new I-601A Provisional Waiver that most likely will be required as you have accrued unlawful presence in the United States due your entrance without inspection.

Consult with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss this further. Good luck!

6. Jonathan Edward Shaw

Answered . Even as an attorney I've tried calling NVC to have them get the information from USCIS and I have had a very hard time. The application the other attorneys here refer to is the way to go, and it is probably best to hire counsel. The process can get very complicated. The two organizations do ok, but when things fall through the cracks it can take months of headache to get it worked out. The application has a fee (last time I checked) but it is worth avoiding the hassle.