Skip to main content

Uscis sent me approved letter to the ice attorney instead to the nvc. how to get the i-130 sent to the nvc

San Bernardino, CA |

i came as an illigal immigrant i have been with my asylum case open ever since i came, i have work permit authorization,no criminal records and i dont know who i can to contact to get the i-130 sent to nvc i already tried uscis and no answers

Attorney Answers 6

  1. File an application for action on an approved case. You file this with USCIS to have your case sent over. Although it seems like it was USCIS error sometimes it's easier and quicker to not point it out to them.

    **Please mark as helpful or best answer if you find this response helpful** MEDINA LAW GROUP PC: EXPERIENCED TEXAS IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS. email:; Phone: (210) 821-4500; Fax: 210-821-4500; 1802 NE Loop 410, Ste 104, San Antonio, TX 78217. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Furthermore, the content of this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. I apologize in advance for any spelling or typographical errors. MEDINA LAW GROUP PC.

  2. Is your asylum case in immigration Court? If so, then the ICE attorney is the correct person.

    Have your attorney contact the ICE attorney.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

  3. I agree with my colleagues. However, you may contact the National Visa Center directly, provide the case number, and see whether it can request information from US CI S. If not, then you will need to file the form for action On an approved visa as Miss Medina suggests.

    If you have trouble, consider hiring a competent and experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

    This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

  4. Hire an attorney to help.

    The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

  5. If you are in removal proceedings it is correct for USCIS to forward the approval of your I-130 to the Office of Chief Counsel (ICE Attorney). In your case, it is possible that your removal proceedings be administratively closed to allow you to proceed with consular processing and the new I-601A Provisional Waiver that most likely will be required as you have accrued unlawful presence in the United States due your entrance without inspection.

    Consult with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss this further. Good luck!

  6. Even as an attorney I've tried calling NVC to have them get the information from USCIS and I have had a very hard time. The application the other attorneys here refer to is the way to go, and it is probably best to hire counsel. The process can get very complicated. The two organizations do ok, but when things fall through the cracks it can take months of headache to get it worked out. The application has a fee (last time I checked) but it is worth avoiding the hassle.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics