Skip to main content

USCIS sent an intent to deny I-130 , work permit is about to expire, i applied for a renewal and received a notice to appear

Las Vegas, NV |

is it possible for them to detain me? or am i just being asked to do some biometrics

Attorney Answers 6

  1. Possible? yes. Likely? Depends. Probably no. hire an immigration attorney. In this situation, it is either that or looking for airfare for an outbound flight from the USA.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  2. VERY possible, am afraid, without knowing more about your case and the reason for the NOID and NTA. Time to "lawyer up"?

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  3. Ok, if USCIS sent you an NOID-Notice of Intent to Deny, then usually they would not immediately B+NTA you for deportation proceedings in Court. Do you mean a biometrics appointment? An ACS-Application Support Center is for taking your fingerprints on the EAD extension you requested. So, you should be safe to go BUT you should also focus all your attention on overcoming your I-130 NOID since the EAD is tied to the approval of the I-130.

  4. Did you really get a Notice to Appear? It is time to hire an immigration lawyer.

    609-271-3573. This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

  5. This is very serious and hard to say without seeing all the documents. This may be the time to find a lawyer if you do not have one. DO not hesitate as time is limited.

  6. Time to get an immigration lawyer then...