USCIS sent an intent to deny I-130 , work permit is about to expire, i applied for a renewal and received a notice to appear

Asked 11 months ago - Las Vegas, NV

is it possible for them to detain me? or am i just being asked to do some biometrics

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

1

Answered . Possible? yes. Likely? Depends. Probably no. hire an immigration attorney. In this situation, it is either that or looking for airfare for an outbound flight from the USA.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

1

Answered . VERY possible, am afraid, without knowing more about your case and the reason for the NOID and NTA. Time to "lawyer up"?

3. Aneliya M. Angelova

Pro

5

1

Answered . Did you really get a Notice to Appear? It is time to hire an immigration lawyer.

609-271-3573. This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
  4. Haroen Calehr

Pro

3

1

Answered . Ok, if USCIS sent you an NOID-Notice of Intent to Deny, then usually they would not immediately B+NTA you for deportation proceedings in Court. Do you mean a biometrics appointment? An ACS-Application Support Center is for taking your fingerprints on the EAD extension you requested. So, you should be safe to go BUT you should also focus all your attention on overcoming your I-130 NOID since the EAD is tied to the approval of the I-130.

5. Robert West

2

Answered . This is very serious and hard to say without seeing all the documents. This may be the time to find a lawyer if you do not have one. DO not hesitate as time is limited.

Pro

2

Answered . Time to get an immigration lawyer then...