USCIS returned petition with out any explanation.

Asked about 1 year ago - Bellevue, WA

I have applied for H1b this year and was selected in this year quota. I got a receipt no which says that my petition has been accepted and I am able to track the same on USCIS website. After 6 months I got a call from my employer saying that USCIS has returned my application as well as refunded fees and admitted that its a mistake and my application was not selected in first place. Do we have a case here?

1. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

1

Answered . Ask your employer for a copy of the USCIS notice returning the petition. I cannot say whether you have "a case." If USCIS made a mistake, it certainly would not be a first. You may want to have the matter reviewed by your own immigration attorney.

2. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Answered . I agree with my colleague. You should request a copy of the rejection notice. Once receiving a copy of this notice, you should schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. Without reviewing this notice there is no way to assess what, if anything, can be done.