USCIS returned petition with out any explanation.

Bellevue, WA |

I have applied for H1b this year and was selected in this year quota. I got a receipt no which says that my petition has been accepted and I am able to track the same on USCIS website. After 6 months I got a call from my employer saying that USCIS has returned my application as well as refunded fees and admitted that its a mistake and my application was not selected in first place. Do we have a case here?

1. Ask your employer for a copy of the USCIS notice returning the petition. I cannot say whether you have "a case." If USCIS made a mistake, it certainly would not be a first. You may want to have the matter reviewed by your own immigration attorney.

The herein content is for general informational purposes only, and may be predicated on incomplete facts. It should not be relied upon in making legal decisions or assessing your legal rights or risks. Neither does the herein reply create an attorney-client relationship.

2. I agree with my colleague. You should request a copy of the rejection notice. Once receiving a copy of this notice, you should schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. Without reviewing this notice there is no way to assess what, if anything, can be done.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.