USCIS response timeline after submission of H1B Premium Processing RFE.

Asked over 2 years ago - Jackson Heights, NY

Hi attorneys,

My H1B petition was given a RFE back to July 10, 2012 and my company prepared everything last week. As per Fedex, the package was delivered at Vermont Service Center Premium Processing Unit last Friday (08/10/2012).

However, the online status till now still shows "RFE" rather than being updates to "RFE Response Review". Is it pretty normal to have gap? Will it take longer than 15 days even though I initially paid to upgrade my case?

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

1

Answered . There may be a delay in updates on line. Premium processing gets you an answer in 15 days which is approved, denied or an RFE. It can take a few months to receive your final decision

2. Rehim Babaoglu

1

Answered . It may take a little more than 15 days from the receipt of your response for the government to review and approve the case.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . The online status is known to have inaccuracies and delays.