Uscis received my i 130 petition on June 28 2013 still no approval, please can some1 tell me how long the case is going to take

33313 |

I AM A USC , I FILED FOR MY WIFE AND TWO KIDS, I NEED THEM HERE WITH ME ASAP. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO SO I CAN HAVE THEM HERE WITH ME VERY SOON

1. Currently this type of I-130 takes about a year to process. You still have several months to wait. However, I have seen I-130s process faster than their stated processing times.

2. Unfortunately, as my colleague pointed out ... you probably won't hear anything until the middle of 2014.

Sorry.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. This is not outside normal processing time but if you're anxious, make an InfoPass appointment with your local USCIS office or hire an immigration attorney to look into it further.

4. This is normal and within the expected processing time.

The information provided is intended for informational purposes only and should not substitute for the advice and counsel of an attorney. This information does not constitute legal advice. We ask that you consult with a lawyer, as your facts are unique and because each situation requires analysis from many different perspectives. We cannot be responsible if you rely on information based on this website without the consultation of an attorney.

5. I agree with my colleagues, processing times are long ... you might want to make a request for expedited processing, if you meet certain criteria. You would need evidence of extreme medical emergency or for urgent humanitarian reasons. Call the USCIS costumer service number. Petitions are considered on a case-by-case basis.

6. There is a backlog in the processing of I-130's and they are taking longer.
    Have you considered filing K visas for them and they can then adjust status in the USA?