Uscis received my i 130 petition 6months ago and still no approval what should i do

Asked 10 months ago - 33313

i sent in the i 130 petition for my wife and 2 kids and i am a usc

1. William Gaston McLean III

7

Answered . This is normal waiting time. Please be patient. Don't be surprised if it takes another 6 months.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

6

Answered . This is a repeat question.

It is currently taking more than 12 months for this type of case.

Talk to an attorney about K-3/K-4 options.

3. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

4

Answered . Unfortunately, your case is not outside normal processing times. USCIS is backlogged with family-based immigrant visa petitions. Per a recent phone call with USCIS is currently processing such cases filed in October 2012. It could take another 6 months before you receive anything further.

4. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

4

Answered . Simple. Please wait a few more months.

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
  5. Jeffrey Adam Devore

1

Answered . My colleagues have addressed your timing question well. However, my curiosity was peaked becauase you indicate that you filed "the" I-130 petition with USCIS. Does this mean you only filed one petition? If so, you are going to be extremely disappointed. There are no derivative beneficiaries of U.S. citizen (immediate relative) petitions. Each person must have his or her own petition.

I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney. Once the petitions are approved you are still looking at another 3-5 months before your family will arrive in the U.S.

6. Ili J. Subhan

Pro

2

Answered . This is normal and within the expected processing time. Be patient. You should hear something within the coming months.