Uscis received my i 130 petition 6months ago and still no approval what should i do

33313 |

i sent in the i 130 petition for my wife and 2 kids and i am a usc

1. This is normal waiting time. Please be patient. Don't be surprised if it takes another 6 months.

2. This is a repeat question.

It is currently taking more than 12 months for this type of case.

Talk to an attorney about K-3/K-4 options.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. Unfortunately, your case is not outside normal processing times. USCIS is backlogged with family-based immigrant visa petitions. Per a recent phone call with USCIS is currently processing such cases filed in October 2012. It could take another 6 months before you receive anything further.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.

4. Simple. Please wait a few more months.

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

5. This is normal and within the expected processing time. Be patient. You should hear something within the coming months.

The information provided is intended for informational purposes only and should not substitute for the advice and counsel of an attorney. This information does not constitute legal advice. We ask that you consult with a lawyer, as your facts are unique and because each situation requires analysis from many different perspectives. We cannot be responsible if you rely on information based on this website without the consultation of an attorney.

6. My colleagues have addressed your timing question well. However, my curiosity was peaked becauase you indicate that you filed "the" I-130 petition with USCIS. Does this mean you only filed one petition? If so, you are going to be extremely disappointed. There are no derivative beneficiaries of U.S. citizen (immediate relative) petitions. Each person must have his or her own petition.

I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney. Once the petitions are approved you are still looking at another 3-5 months before your family will arrive in the U.S.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Review Mr. Devore's Avvo Profile for more information about his expertise in immigration law and how to contact him to discuss your case.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics