USCIS question about fraud finding?

If fraud has been found by the USCIS, what are their next steps towards the conditional green card holder? The immigrant has yet to remove the conditions. If the deadline is missed for the removal of the conditions, for example, while the fraud has been found, would the USCIS deny the green card based on the missed deadline for the I-751 or the USCIS's fraud finding? Or both? Thanks.

San Francisco, CA -

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

Fraud: Notice of Intent to Deny giving 30 days to respond, followed by referral to immigration court where placed in removal proceedings in front of immigration judge.
Missed deadline: straight referral to court.

Sponsored Listing
Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Depends on the type of fraud. See an immigration attorney in person if this is important for you. Stop posting. Leave the country if it is not important.

Athina Karamanlis Powers

Athina Karamanlis Powers

Fraud Lawyer - Beverly Hills, CA

I agree with my colleagues. this is a serious issue that you really need to address with a lawyer that knows about fraud.
Some of us in avvo are attorneys and fraud examiners and we can help you
Do you hesitate to spend money for a consultation fee. THIS CAN cost much more to the immigrant

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Immigration Attorney - San Francisco, CA

I agree with Attorney Behar. If USCIS suspects fraud, they will send you a Notice of Intent to Deny. You will be given 30 days to respond. If you fail to do so, your case will be referred to the immigration court and removal proceedings in front of immigration judge will be initiated.

John Robert Egan

John Robert Egan

Immigration Attorney - Honolulu, HI

I agree with Attorney Segal. There are questions that are appropriate for public posting, and there are questions that require a confidential face-to-face consultation with a qualified professional. Do not let your common sense be dulled by the apparent availability of "free advice" when your future is in question. Get reliable assistance without delay.

Related Advice