Skip to main content

USCIS officer came to my house early in the morning and also went to check with my ex-husband too.

Dallas, TX |

I re-married within months I received my divorced and started my present husband petition for green card. ( I fixed my previous husband GC too with no problems). After the interview wiht USCIS (second husband) we wait for too long without any news until they came to check on us in our apartment. First they went to my ex-husband which he explained that we were divorced and separated for more than 3 years. After that they came to visit me and my husband, he was getting ready to go to his job and I was still sleeping. I'm a naturalized U.S. and he is from Egypt, am older than him (6 years) and we met at the University. We lived together 2 years, then got married. We have the lease Apt. under both names, car and health Insur, photos, etc. Should I be worried? what else to do? we have a lawyer

Attorney Answers 3


There is nothing for you to do, but be in contact with your lawyer and follow his advice.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


This is not uncommon from the investigative unit of the USCIS. You should be getting an answer soon.

Guerra Saenz, PL--Immigration Attorneys. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Stick to you lawyer. Listen.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Mark as helpful

8 lawyers agree

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics