Uscis Immigration DACA and home school "Marque Learning Center"

Baytown, TX |

Hi i applied for deferred action for childhood arrivals and it is being processed ever since in uscis nebraksa service center. (My case was never transfered if anyone is wondering) I've been waiting 8 months now going on to 9 months my cases were processed on 8/23/2012 and did biometric on 9/13/2012 and haven't heard anything back from immigration I wanted to know if my home school program called "marque learning center" is the problem on why my case is taking forever?

I got my high school diploma threw the marque learning center. I was accepted into a college with this home school diploma. I live in Texas

1. Does your home school have some sort of certification from the state of Texas? Did you submit whatever documents you have regarding the certification of the home school?

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

2. Possibly. Apparently, you have doubts about the school. Is the school accredited by a recognized accrediting body? Talk with your attorney. S/he should be able to give you some insight on the delay.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

3. DACAs are taking that long to be adjudicated.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

4. The school is not the issue. A lot of my clients have received their GED diplomas through that school and have had their cases approved. Some other issues could be if you have a criminal record, sometimes that takes longer for USCIS to analyze. But it could just be the officer that has been assigned to your case. Also immigration has come out saying that they have a high number of applicants for the DACA program that will require more time on USCIS's part. You can always check you status at www.uscis.gov by typing your receipt number, or by calling uscis for status on your case.

5. Two issues, DACAs are taking a lot longer lately for certain cases that require further review by an office (such as crimesand your school may or may not be an issue. The first issue you do not need to concern yourself with since there is no manner that you can speed up the process. The second issue, I would imagine they would issue an RFE (request for evidence) if you did not submit all of the necessary documents. Thus, your GED would be an issue if the program was not acceptable for DACA purposes. That said, I would not necessarily rely on the RFE to be sent concerning the GED program so you may want to call the 800 number on your receipt notice to see what is going on with your case.

PS In my experience, the Nebraska Service Center takes a long time to adjudicate any application.

6. Marque Learning Center has come under fire lately and has been the center of investigation for local media in Houston. I have had some clients who have already received approvals with this school but the recent story on the news may raise concern

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdKByTJQDd4