USCIS I-130 Application for green card by a US Citizen for married Mexican daughter living in the USA illegally.

Asked about 1 year ago - Phoenix, AZ

I am a US citizen and I have submitted an I-130 (petition for alien relative) application for my daughter who is married and over 21. I understand it takes many years(not sure how many) for the application to become current but can anyone tell me how to help her prepare for what's coming. I am just afraid the application will be denied due to her illegal status. She is married and has 2 children born in the USA. One of them is 15 and the other is only 4 years old. She's always been a hard-working and responsible person and does not have a criminal history other than she was caught one time like 15 years ago illegally crossing the border.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

12

Best Answer

Answered . Eventually, the daughter will have to consulate process and will meed a waiver.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

12

1

Answered . Wil take an eternity under American quota. Her criminal past will not affect I-130 approval. Long illegal stay may prove to be a bar later on.

3. Brian David Lerner

11

Answered . Hello:

The I-130 will not take into account legal status or criminal history. Rather, it shows that you are a US Citizen, that the relationship exists and that she is over 21. It is when it becomes current that all of the issues of status and criminal history come into play.

4. Simone Rosemarie Coley

11

Answered . The issue is whether she can adjust her status in the United States, or whether she would be subject to a bar for illegal status. Please, privately consult an immigration attorney. It is good that you filed, but under current law it will take over a decade and she might not qualify then. Please see an attorney. Best wishes.

Simone Coley, Bachand & Bachand; 855-422-2426. 189 State Street, Suite 100, Bridgeport, CT 06604.
  5. Anu Gupta

Pro

8

2

Answered . You should speak with an attorney in private. The 130 petition will be approved because she is the daughter of a citizen. However, if she has lived illegally in the US for several years, there is a bar that will apply and stop her from getting a green card.