USCIS has not mailed travel document with my green card! Will USCIS mail travel document or I need file another form for that?

I got my green card based on granted asylum after a year.

You yourself will need to file Refugee Travel Document (otherwise known as the "white passport" on Form I-131.

That being a multi-purpose Form,'be careful to only fill out the section corresponding to the te Travel,Document .

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

They aren't mailed together.

If you filed an I-131 ... .you need to wait (or track that receipt number online).

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

IF you are taking about Reentry Permit, you need to file for it separately from the GC

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

The refugee travel document requires a separate application.

Recommended articles about Immigration