Skip to main content

USCIS form I-190

Paterson, NJ |

Do I have to send in my old green card when i request a name correction that was due to my fault, and not USCIS's fault??

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Yes, you are required to surrender the old green card.

  2. I am assuming that by I-190, you actually mean I-90. If so, the answer to your question is in the form instructions.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  3. Yes, they want the old card ... to avoid it being sold on-the-street.

    FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Marriage and prenups topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics