Skip to main content

USCIS Changed my address when I didn't request to ?

New York, NY |

So my I130 case and I864 case are completed , got thru NVC and got my interview at the US Consulate at the end of the month . I am married to a USC and filed for a CR1 . So tonight I checked the USCIS website just to waste some time and on the same case number now it appears this message : " On February 12 , 2013 , your address was changed relating to the I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE , FIANCE ( E ) , OR ORPHAN that you filed . Please check our website at www . uscis . gov for further updates on your case . Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1 - 800 - 375 - 5283 for live assistance . " Both for the I130 and I864 . What's going on ?

Attorney Answers 3


We do not work for USCIS and therefore do not know.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Call the USCIS toll free 1-800 number asap and inform them . It is important that the agency has your current address so you will need to check to make sure they have the current address. If you already have your interview with the consulate then be sure to attend the interview and check with the consulate they have your correct address. If you have an attorney he/she can communicate with USCIS/the Consulate as well.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication in any way. Consult a competent immigration attorney preferably one who is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Just call the 1-800 and ask.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Recommended articles about Form I-130 (alien relative)

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics