USCIS application I-821D, Question Number 9, Country of Residence.

Asked over 1 year ago - Beaumont, CA

Hi,

We are currently debating on a DACA forum on what the correct answer would be for question number 9 "Country of Residence" on the application I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.

In your opinion, is this question asking for your current Country of Residence, as in the country in which you are currently residing in, which would be USA. Or, is the question asking for the Country of Last Residence, which would be the country in which you Resided prior to entering the United States.

Keep in mind that in order to qualify for DACA, you must have lived in the USA for the past 5 years continuously, so we have resided here in the U.S. for the past 5 years AT LEAST.

1. Tracie Lynn Klinke

6

1

Answered . For the I-821D, the country of residence is where the applicant is physically living. Therefore, it should be the United States.

This general advice does not create an attorney-client relationship.
  2. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

1

Answered . I do not need to keep in mind. I know. Thank you. State USA.

3. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

6

Answered . USA. Good luck!

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

Answered . Current country. USA.