USCIS gave 17 months for my regular OPT ?

San Jose, CA |

Hi,
I completed my masters in August 2012 and applied for OPT in September 2012.I got an RFE after four months and i sent them all the documents they asked for on April 2013.USCIS after receiving my documents sent me my OPT authorization card which is valid from (4/29/13-10/23/14). My question is why did they give me 17 months for regular OPT and how should i proceed ,do i need to inform them about this and ask them to rectify this . Because i don't want to face any issues while applying for my STEM extension, OR does this mean i am not eligible for STEM extension.

1. My question to you - Why do you object?

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. Prior to expiration of your current OPT apply for an extension if you are eligible. Submit all required documents. CIS will adjudicate it accordingly.

3. They gave you a credit of time for the time it was pending.