USCIS gave 17 months for my regular OPT ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Jose, CA

Hi,
I completed my masters in August 2012 and applied for OPT in September 2012.I got an RFE after four months and i sent them all the documents they asked for on April 2013.USCIS after receiving my documents sent me my OPT authorization card which is valid from (4/29/13-10/23/14). My question is why did they give me 17 months for regular OPT and how should i proceed ,do i need to inform them about this and ask them to rectify this . Because i don't want to face any issues while applying for my STEM extension, OR does this mean i am not eligible for STEM extension.

1. 4

Answered . My question to you - Why do you object?

2. 3

Answered . They gave you a credit of time for the time it was pending.

3. 2

Answered . Prior to expiration of your current OPT apply for an extension if you are eligible. Submit all required documents. CIS will adjudicate it accordingly.