USCIS Final Rule to Support Family Unity During Waiver Process Can a 2 year old USC child apply for her Undocumented parents

Asked over 1 year ago - Allentown, PA

Does the Child need to be 21?
What are the immigration requirments?

1. Veronica Tunitsky

2

Best Answer

Answered . Yes, the child must be 21. Additional point to consider is that those who need a waiver (who can't adjust in the us) must show extreme hardship to a qualifying relative. The provisional waiver program considers only us citizen spouses or parents to be qualifying relatives. So, even if your child could sponsor you, you don't seem to have a qualifying relative under the provisional waiver program.

The only time you can use a child as a qualifying relative is if the reason for your inadmissibility is criminally related (and you would have to pursue a refular I-601 waiver not the provisional waiver if that is the case since only persons whose SOLE ground of inadmissibility is unlawful presence are eligible for the provisional waiver.

2. Stephen D. Berman

2

Answered . Yes, the child must be 21. The requirement is for the child to be a US citizen and earn enough money to support the parents at 125% of the poverty rate.

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . I agree with the analyses of my colleagues