Skip to main content

US H-1B holder applying for Canadian PR

San Mateo, CA |

I am currently employed on H1b visa with an employer in USA. I am seeking to apply for PR canada and wondering if that visa/program is still open ?

From what I recall , if someone meets the eligigbilty criteria(federal skilled workers) set forth by canada immigration deptt it is fairly easy to obtain PR.

P.S: I am an indian citizen

Please advise.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You may want to reach out to a Canadian immigration attorney. Most of us here are US licensed attorneys.

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

  2. This is a question to be addressed to a Canadian immigration lawyer. Not here on Avvo, since we are all US immigration lawyers only and do not know anything about Canada's immigration laws.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  3. You need to consult with a Canadian immigration attorney. I recommend Andy Semotiuk.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics