US citizenship

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

The father claimed that his child was born at home (in the US) and he was able to get him a US birth certificate . While the fact is the child was born overseas in different country and came with his mom after days of the birth. The mom's foreign passport show that the child place of birth. The INS stamped show (+1). After she came to USA in a visa, they were able to get his birth certificate and as a result the child is national born US citizen. Given that he wasn't born in USA and non of his parent is a US citizen when he born.

How to report this to USCIS? will the USCIS do anything? what documents is needed to file the claim? is the mom passport and the child birth certificate enough?

1. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

4

Answered . Look online for the USCIS office nearest you. Each USCIS office has a fraud detection section. Send your information there.

2. Ibraheim Nidal Shalabi

Answered . If you report it to the ICE department near you, they will handle the investigation themselves.

Good Luck.

3. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

1

Answered . That is just a terrible thing for a parent to do. I agree with my colleague to report it to your nearest ICE office or call the ICE hotline. There will be others like you willing to testify to this matter.
    Goodluck.