US citizenship

Chicago, IL |

The father claimed that his child was born at home (in the US) and he was able to get him a US birth certificate . While the fact is the child was born overseas in different country and came with his mom after days of the birth. The mom's foreign passport show that the child place of birth. The INS stamped show (+1). After she came to USA in a visa, they were able to get his birth certificate and as a result the child is national born US citizen. Given that he wasn't born in USA and non of his parent is a US citizen when he born.

How to report this to USCIS? will the USCIS do anything? what documents is needed to file the claim? is the mom passport and the child birth certificate enough?

Look online for the USCIS office nearest you. Each USCIS office has a fraud detection section. Send your information there.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

That is just a terrible thing for a parent to do. I agree with my colleague to report it to your nearest ICE office or call the ICE hotline. There will be others like you willing to testify to this matter.
Goodluck.

If you report it to the ICE department near you, they will handle the investigation themselves.

Good Luck.

Birth certificate topics