US citizen starting a business in the US from Canada?

Asked 10 months ago - New York, NY

I am a US citizen currently studying in Canada.
If would like to start a business, however my location is Canada, would it be possible to REMOTELY launch a business in the US while in Canada?
Please let me know about the prerequisites for starting a business in the US. For example do I need a bank account? and do I need an official workspace (property) rented/bought in the name of the company? Or can I just work from my apartment in Canada/USA?
Important information: I was born in Chicago (Illinois) and plan to start the business in either New York or San Fransisco, and currently I am in Toronto (Ontario).
Thank you.

1. Huiyue Qiu

1

Answered . It is possible to remotely start a business while you are physically in Canada. But since you are probably on a student visa in Canada, you need to check Canadian law to see if you are authorized to work there. The self-employment may be frowned upon by the Canadian authority.

Sincerely yours,
    Oliver Huiyue Qiu, Esq.
    Tel: 646-820-7658
    Fax: 646-537-2608
    Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1271, Union, NJ 07083
    Office Visit: 5 Penn Plaza, 23rd FL, Manhattan, between 33rd St and 8th Ave (By Appointment)
    Email: esqoliver@gmail.com
    Website: www.visaiam.com