Us citizen petitioning for parents who came to US legally but overstayed their visa and worked illegally

Bayside, NY |
Filed under: Employment

Do they have to file I-485 Supplement A? They were admitted into US with tourist visa. I-485 Supplement A says:
"You do not have to submit Supplement A to Form I-485 if you:
C. Are applying to adjust status as the spouse or unmarried minor child of a US citizen or the parent of a US citizen child at least 21 years of age, and you were inspected and lawfully admitted to the United States other than in C-1 or S nonimmigrant status."
However, it also says in I-485:
"you are not eligible for adjustment of status if any of the following apply to u:
D. Your authorized stay expired before you filed this application;
E. You were employed in the United States without USCIS authorization prior to filing this application;
F. You failed to maintain your nonimmigrant status, other than through no faul

Your parents are considered immediate relatives and therefore should not have issue adjusting status. No 485A should be needed

I would contact an attorney to confirm this

Note: The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client.

Best regards,
Neil I Fleischer
The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC
917 Main Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314
Direct telephone: 513 977 4209
Email: nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com WEB page: immigrate2usa.com
Check out our blog for a humorous but informative look at immigration law
http://immigrate2usa.blogspot com

You are going to need to speak with an attorney and it is recommended you hire one. Feel free to contact me for a free consultation.