US citizen petitioned 3 siblings, two cases were speedy processed and looks good. But one case is STALLED at the early stages,

Asked over 1 year ago - Brentwood, NY

I need a and immigration lawyer for this.
My US citizen mother petitioned 3 siblings from Dominican Republic. Two cases out of three looks speedy, thats good.... But one case is STALLED in the initial review for years... In fact, this case was the furst my nother filed..... We go to the local immigration ooffice and they told me that the case is in califirnia ( we are in central islip, NY). At the immigration office, they told js that:"the case has been miving ariund fir a whike, and ar keast there are NO derogative infirmation, we dont kniw the cause of stalling..." Then they gave me the California immigt email..... I emailed 3 times and NO reply...... So I susoect that as california its a huge immigrt site, I must follow certain pritocol in order to get an answer from them HELP

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Time to hire an experienced immigration attorney.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. John Grayson Davidson


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . For my clients in your situation, I always start with an infopass to see what information the officer has in her computer. Depending upon what she says, there is a request to be made to make a decision. Then , if that doesn't work, there is a procedure via email that I follow. Regarding your email to California, it does take time for them to answer. Anyway, that's what I do, and it has worked well in the past for my clients.

    Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | |
  3. Dean P Murray

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I am not sure what you are asking. What do you want to know?

    IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,925 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,925 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering