Skip to main content

US citizen girl can marry with Foreign Married Man?

Edison, NJ |

hi, i am a USA citizen girl and i am badly in love with Egypt citizen Man, but he is married and he has kids also. Can i marry with him and bring in USA? can he bring his wife and kids after marry with me?

Attorney Answers 3


No. You absolutely may not marry someone who is still married, no matter where they were or are married. That would be bigamy.

This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site, you agree and understand that there is no attorney-client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State having jurisdiction over your matter, and who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about, and with whom you would have an attorney-client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State having jurisdiction over your matter.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


you cannot marry someone who is currently married even if this is in another country. If the man would get divorced, then you could marry and potentially bring him and his kids over to the US. Certainly not his wife though.

This answer should not be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship, and is for informational purposes only, not legal advice.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


I agree with my colleagues. Getting married to more than one person is a crime.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics