US Citizen filing I-130 and I-485 concurrently for F1 visa spouse, do I submit two copies each of G-325A form or just one each?

San Diego, CA |

Are they any documents that can be shared across these 2 Immigration Forms?

Just one for you and one for your wife.

4 pages for each of you. (white, green pink, and blue)

--
Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration Law

2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
Fax: (619) 923-3277
website: www.immigrateme.com

Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

Not sure I understand that color scheme ... :-)

Katie D.T. Sanders

Katie D.T. Sanders

That is the old way. You don't have to do the color paper and the 4 copies any more.

Lynne Rogers Feldman

Lynne Rogers Feldman

colored copies are not required but strongly preferred by USCIS so why not give it to them

I should say that since USCIS is the department that requests those changes, I think it's guessable that they must preferring the new way instead of the old one. Thanks anyway

I would submit two copies for your spouse and one for you, just to be safe. The I-130 instructions request one copy for you and one for your spouse. The I-485 instructions request one for your spouse.

With one picture each (so 3 in total) ??

Nicole Gabrielle Abramowitz Weber

Nicole Gabrielle Abramowitz Weber

You generally need 3 total photos of your spouse and 1 photo of you (1 photo of you and one of spouse for I-130, and 2 photos of spouse for I-485)

Our office just submits two, one for the spouse and one for the alien.

The colored papers is the old way.

Law Office of Daniel M. Wigon - 916-447-8975. This should not be taken as legal advice. Consult with a local attorney before making a decision that could adversely affect your rights.

That's what I thought (on colors). So you are sharing the docs across the 2 forms. The same for passport pages, marriage certificate and so on ..is that right?

Thomas Joseph Baker

Thomas Joseph Baker

If you are asking these questions, which are about the more simple part of the application process, aren't you worried that you might be messing up a more complicated portion of the application? If you apply and the application is denied because of a fault in the paperwork, you don't get the application fees back. Do yourself a favor and hire an immigration attorney to do this for you, right, the first time.

I was under the impression that this site was to get simple answers too ...

Thomas Joseph Baker

Thomas Joseph Baker

It's for legal advice, and my advice was simply that you should investigate hiring an immigration attorney to assist you with this process. It is complicated, costly, and time consuming.

Appreciate your advice...

Normally it is okay to only submit one copy, but you won't be penalized for submitting 2 copies.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Education law topics