US Citizen - Wife (India)

Broomall, PA |

I130 approved - letter states wait 30 days - (we waited) - called NVC on the 40th day, file has not been received? Sent email for inquiry and research? Does any know what is the time frame for NVC to receive the petition? Why NVC does not have the petition already? Is this a cause of concern? Please explain how to determine your priority date as well? kindly respond thanks in advance.

1. Yes, about 6-8 months.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. Look at your I-130 approval does it indicate consular processing or that the beneficiary is in the U.S.? If consular processing and the Priorirty Date is current contact USCIS to track the I-130. If the Priorirty Date is not curernt then be more patient. Your Priority Date is established as the date teh I-130 was received at USCIS. Is your Petitioner a USCi or LPR? what is the relationship of the Petitioner to you?

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

3. It takes the CIS several months to transfer the file to NVC. Also, you need to check to see if your priority date is current.

800-688-7892, www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.

Education law topics