Urinating in public NYC etc . . .

Asked about 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

I was on way home last night, and as usual there is NOWHERE to pee. I got out of cab and was going to pee behind a pole. an unmarked car came up and gave me 2 complaints. One for public urination and one for "exposure of a person." Since I know the law demands precision, can the fact she listed the wrong eye color on both be a defense as I will claim she did not actually see whet she claims. She stood right in front of me and listed "Br" for brown eyes, when my eyes are blue.

Also, is there any ramification if upheld by a judge? Do you have to register as a sex offender?

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

3

Answered . Retain a local experienced criminal defense lawyer. The eye color is not important.

2. Daniel DeMaria

Pro

2

Answered . Were you charged with the misdemeanor version of public urination or the public health version? If the former, it's a lot more serious. Exposure is a violation (which is lower than a "crime") - so that's the less serious of the two charges. In any event, you will not have to register as a sex offender, the crimes that lead to registration are listed on this website: http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/nsor/sortab1...

If you want to keep your record clean, you should hire a lawyer. I've gotten a number of these types of cases dismissed, and hiring a lawyer for this sort of case is a lot less expensive than you might think.

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . I handle these all the time. Your eye color does not make a difference. If you are charged with 153.09 that's a misdemeanor. In most courts you don't need to appear if you hire a lawyer. There are ways to get the case dismissed or reduced to a non-criminal outcome.

Eric Rothstein
    Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com