Urgent tax question. Please help me. I am an international student, i do not familiar with the tax law. I bag for your help.

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

I received the tax account transcript that I ordered from IRS website last week. I found a transaction “review of unreported income" which code is 922. The date of the transaction is exactly same date that IRS issued the CP 2000 notice to me. Actually, two month ago, the “review of unreported income“first appeared in my account transcript, at that time, I called IRS, IRS told me that "they found some unreported income and will send me the notice latter". This time, this “review of unreported income" has updated to a new date which is exactly the date that IRS issued the cp2000 notice to me. I just wonder, does this date updating means that IRS found some new unreported income about me? Or IRS just updates the date of "922" because they send me a cp2000 notice? Thanks.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Everett R. Buck


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It appears the IRS is notifying you that they have received a report, such as a Form W2 or 1099 issued by an employer, that you had possible taxable income that you have not included on a tax return. Depending on the type of notice, you may need to file a return or provide information to the IRS as to whether the report of income is correct or not, or if correct if you have any related deductions that may reduce the tax owed, if any. You probably need to consult with a CPA or tax attorney and review the notices to determine what is the best thing to do.

    This information is provided for educational purposes only, and is not to be relied upon as legal advice. You... more
  2. Bruce Givner

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Hire a licensed tax return preparer to handle this for you.

  3. Luca Cristiano Maria Melchionna

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Hard to respond with no documents handy. My recommendation is to call your CPA or tax attorney. Best

    This reply is offered for educational purpose only. You should seek the advice of an attorney. The response given... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,838 answers this week

3,238 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,838 answers this week

3,238 attorneys answering