URGENT NEED: Lawyer with expertise in EB2 PERM applications in Information Technology/Human Computer Interaction (HCI) jobs?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bloomington, IN

I am trying to find lawyers who have expertise in getting EB2 PERM applications approved for highly technical jobs in the field of IT, Human Computer Interaction, and User Experience Design in the mid-west area (Bloomington/Indianapolis). The lawyer handling my case does not have the right competency for getting the right prevailing wage from DOL. My current problem is that the DOL is quoting prevailing wage that is 20% higher than the wages in my area and in some cases more than salaries on the west coast. My employer is unwilling to offer a salary that is 20% higher than what they pay for political/legal reasons.

I really need to find a lawyer who has handled complicated IT job descriptions, got an acceptable wage, helped clients in passing labor test, and applied for I-140.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You can also try a private survey.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more
  2. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contact your state bar and request a referral or try the avvo 'find a lawyer' tab.

    Solicitations such as your post violate the terms of use of this site.

    NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of... more
  3. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Hello:

    Unfortunately, many prevailing wages are higher than what may seem normal. There is a whole procedure to dispute the prevailing wage and to show that the given prevailing wage is not accurate. This entire procedure may or may not end up with a lower prevailing wage.

    We have 3 offices over the State of California and an international office in the Philippines. We do 100%... more
  4. 1

    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . I file a lot of IT perm applications. Wages are an issue if the job requirements are overstated. After the DoL moved the processing of pwds to nationalized offices, it is a pain to correspond with them to change a pwd once issued. Only option is to refile a new pwd. We've also used private surveys, but I still prefer to go the normal route rather than respond to a DoL audit which will always come in if you use a private survey. Suggest you get a good lawyer to review the job requirements to wean out the "minimum" requirements and throw out everything else from the job description. In this way, you will get a more realistic pwd.

    Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Employment of immigrant visa workers

Immigrant visa workers need to be sponsored by their employer in order to work in the US. Depending on the job there are different categories of work visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

38,337 answers this week

3,958 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

38,337 answers this week

3,958 attorneys answering