URGENT - i94 paper was not stapled in the passport

Aurora, CO |

My Mom came to US on B2 visa - Denver port of entry on 30th May and when I checked her passport - her i94 (the white form given in the plane) is not stapled in her passport but there is a stamp with B2 and 6 months validity date. Stamp reads Admitted Den - Date: MAy 30 2013 - Class : B2 - below that Nov 29 2013. Is this stamp an i94 details OR did the immigration officer forget to give her the white i94 form. What should we do.

Go to this website and print it out. CBP went paperless this spring. https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html

CBP Announces Automation of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) today published an interim final rule in the Federal Register to automate Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record. Form I-94 provides nonimmigrants evidence that they have been lawfully admitted to the United States. The interim final rule, effective on April 26, 2013, streamlines the admissions process for nonimmigrants arriving to the United States. Affected nonimmigrants traveling to the United States by air or sea will no longer need to fill out a paper Form I-94. However, individuals who go through secondary inspection, such as asylees, refugees, and parolees, will be provided a paper copy of Form I-94 by a CBP officer.

USCIS will continue to require applicants to submit a paper copy of Form I-94 when requesting certain benefits. Other government agencies, such as State Departments of Motor Vehicles (DMVs), also require a paper copy of Form I-94. Moreover, nonimmigrants who are authorized to work may present a paper copy of Form I-94 to their employers during the employment eligibility verification (Form I-9) process.

For more information regarding CBP’s Form I-94 automation, please visit CBP’s website at www.cbp.gov and review their News Release regarding Form I-94 Automation.

For more information on USCIS forms and procedures, please visit www.uscis.gov or call our toll-free National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

They are no longer giving I-94s. The stamp on your mom's passport is what shows she's been admitted. If she need to print it out, she can go to the website mentioned by my colleagues.

[This answer is for general purposes only; it does not constitute advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]