Skip to main content

Upward modification

Bellport, NY |

In my original separation agreement it states that my ex is supposed to pay half my mortgage and 765.00 to the car payment in lieu of child support. I have since found out he falsified the documents and attached something I signed to a document that stated all he had to pay was 765.00 per month. He has since stop paying the mortgage so I have applied for an upward modification since he is not paying 17% he makes 120,000 a year. I had one attorney tell me that my reasons for an upward modification were not good enough - never agreed to the 765.00 alone it was to include the half of the mortgage which was an additional 2,000 a month. I have since had to apply for a mortgage modification so that I don't loose my house.I was shocked when the attorney told me that how can he get away with it

Attorney Answers 1

  1. It isn't a question of "getting away with it" but more of whether you made a bad agreement, and, if so, when you made it and what the circumstances were.

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics