Upstairs neighbor intentionally leaves window open, causing rain to pour into my bathroom.

Asked about 1 year ago - Buffalo, NY

Since the beginning of May, when the Buffalo snow turns to rain, I had problems of water leaking into my bathroom through the window frame. The landlord asked the woman upstairs to close her kitchen window. She said she would, but didn't. She had an AC unit in the window and refused to move it. When it got really bad and she was out of town, maintenance removed it from the window. After she returned she got management to agree to set up something so she would feel comfortable with the AC in a different window. She is paranoid bats will get in and demanded something to prevent that. They did the work, moved the AC, but the water hasn't stopped. She leaves the window open, even in the rain and I have to use an umbrella to use the bathroom. She knows what her actions are doing. Help

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

3

Answered . Request inspection from department of building for water leak. Then request landlord to resolve the problem. Landlord will need to resolve it by suing other tenant.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . Speak to the landlord.

3. Cheryl Rivera Smith

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Be the squeaky wheel and pursue all avenues.