Upon my husband maxing out of prison he was taken to a commitment center for the criminally insane. He is age 64 and I am retire

Asked over 1 year ago - Avenel, NJ

Since the commitment center is not a prison they do not furnish him with clothing. The only thing they furnish is a bed and food. Because I am on a limited income I asked him to apply for SSI and Spousal Social security. He has been turned down for both. Is there anything we can do to fight this decision?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Barry Franklin Poulson

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . It appear that the SSA is treating this "not prison" as a prison. You can ask a local social security attorney if there is a path through this mess.

    We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,995 answers this week

3,107 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,995 answers this week

3,107 attorneys answering