Upgrading spouse F2 petition after becoming US Citizen.

Asked 8 months ago - New York, NY

In September 2013 filed I-485 and I-130 for spouse based on F2 quota becoming current. I just became US citizen, spouse's I-130 status show initial review. I-485 shows testing and scheduling (EAC rec'd). What are the next steps for us? Any complications/processing time extended that we should worry about once we file for upgrade?

Wife is in the US. Arrived legally.

1. Jessica Hargis

3

1

Answered . I would send Immigration a copy of your naturalization certificate along with the receipt notices to show them that you are now a US citizen.

2. Ajay Kumar Arora

2

1

Answered . No notification is required. Your wife's pending I-485 is approvable whether you are a U.S. citizen or not.

3. Gintare Grigaite

2

1

Answered . The consequence of you becoming US citizen on this petition is that your wife is now considered to be your immediate family member, for immigration purposes, and a visa is always available to immediate family members.

4. Harry Asatrian

2

1

Answered . You should be fine as is.

5. Stephen D. Berman

3

1

Answered . You wait for the interview. No need to upgrade anything.