Skip to main content

Upgrading i 130 ?

Virginia |

when i was a PR i filed a i 130, petition for alien resident for spouse 2 years ago. recently i got my citizen after that i upgraded my i 130 by sending a copy of naturalisation and number receipt to service center then i didn't hear nothing from them. my case doesn't approved* yet is that means somthing wrong? If not how long does my case
take to get approved?
and how long does my i 130 upgrade process time takes exactly?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If your spouse is in the U.S. and is eligible to adjust status, then just file the Adjustment package with the I-130 receipt. It will be processed as an immediate relative case.

If your spouse is outside the U.S., then you should have received a responseon the I-130 within about 6 months of notifying the CIS that you acquired citizenship status. You will need to notify them again.

Please contact me if you wish to engage experienced counsel on this matter.


As previously stated, file for adjustment of status if your spouse in here.

You are welcome to contact me on the link provided below to discuss your case if you wish.


Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer