Skip to main content

Upgrading H1b extension to premium processing

Quincy, MA |

My employer has filed my H1B extension in normal processing. Due to some personal reasons, I need to upgrade it to premium processing, but my employer is not willing to pay. I have following questions -
1) Can I upgrade my H1b extension to premium processing without the help of my employer. I.e. can I do it all together from filing and paying fees to upgrade it to premium?
2) Can I file it myself or need help of attorney for premium processing?
3) Do i need to inform the attorney hired by my employer about this?

Please advise. Thank you for all the help in advance.

Attorney Answers 2


Ask employer's attorney these questions.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


You can certainly pay the fees. I do suggest that you do this through the company's attorney, though. If you're paying the fee, I don't think they'll have a problem filing it on your behalf.

Gregory Romanovsky, Esq.
12 Marshall Street
Boston, MA 02108

Mark as helpful

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics