Unused expired H1b want to change status from L1B to h1

I have been working for an employer A since last 8 years. I am inside the US on a L1B visa through employer A from (Nov-2007-June 2013) and also will be completing 5 yrs on L1.So my employer A have decided to apply H1 for me in 2014 CAP, so that I can go back to India and again have to come in Oct.but I have an unused expired H1b petitions for 2009 CAP which got expired nov-2012 from employer B. Can I ask my employer A to use that unused expired H1b petitions from employer B to apply for CAP-EXEMPT H1B for an immediate start after June because I don’t have any visa to stay after June 2nd. Any help is really appreciated !

Covington, KY -

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

If you actually worked for the H1B employer then yes.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

To be cap-exempt, you must have been in H-1B STATUS within the last six years. Your posting indicates you were not.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

Sean P. Wickens

Sean P. Wickens

Immigration Attorney - Tacoma, WA

Given the complexity of your situation and the potential consequences, you will need to consult with experienced local counsel to obtain the best answer. Best of luck.