Unsupervised Probation

Greensboro, NC |

My cousin is on unsupervised probation for dwi, he then recieved a dwlr. What is likely to happen jailtime wise? Hes a head of household has no help in the immediate area with the child he has. So if he goes to jail his child will got to a foster home, and he has no criminal history other than the dwi.

he doesnt have a probation officer, he did contact the probation office and they said hes not on the books there because hes on "unsupervised" probation

1. Probation supervised or unsupervised will probably have a reporting requirment of another arrest as a violation of the original probation.Failure to report an arrest while on probation is a violation of probation itself. Please have your cousin consult his/he original attorney for advise on how to proceed.Your cousin should not go to court without a Lawyer!

Victor Carmody
    781 Liberty Rd.
    Flowood Mississippi 39232
    www.mississippidui.com
    601-948-4444

2. His probation on the original DWI could potentially be revoked as a result of his second arrest. This of course would depend on the prosecutor handling the case and if they decide to revoke his originial probation.

I also agree with Vic, in that a failure to report the second arrest to the probation office could result in another probation violation.

In any case, your cousin needs to seek experinced counsel to help him through this and to potentially minimize any damge.

DUI topics