Unsupervised estate

Asked over 1 year ago - Lansing, MI

In a unspervised estate is opened as a testate (With Will) is there any form of hearing for the estate?

1. Julie Aletta Paquette

6

Answered . It depends on the specific circumanstances of the case, but generally, an unsupervised estate can be administered without any hearings.

2. Noah T. Harden

5

Answered . Typically, an unsupervised estate can be opened without a hearing, however, there are circumstances that may cause a court to have a hearing. Maybe the most common reason is if an interested party has an objection.

Please let me know if you would like to discuss in more detail.

3. Peter L. Conway

5

Answered . As you can see from the other answers, a court will generally only hold a hearing if there is a dispute.

4. James P. Frederick

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. I would simply add that an unsupervised informal proceeding can be converted to a formal or supervised proceeding, at any time, at the discretion of the court, upon request of the parties.

James Frederick