Unlawful Detainer Verified By Attorney

Long Beach, CA |

I am aware that a unlawful detainer may be verified by Plaintiffs Attorney however I was under the impression that it must be accompanied by an affidavit by plaintiff?

1. No, if the verification is signed by the attorney because the plaintiff is not within the county, there is no requirement that the unlawful detainer complaint also be accompanied by an affidavit by plaintiff.

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This Avvo.com posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult with your own attorney.

2. It does not have to be accompanied by an affidavit.

3. There is no requirement that it be accompanied by an affidavit. You already have the verification.