Unjustified Dismissal with Prejudice.

Chicago, IL |

What can I do with an unjustified dismissal of my motion to vacate the judgment with prejudice?

Since Judges are immune so then I cannot sue the Judge for this unjustified ruling.

However, can I request to have another Judge in place of this unjustified ruling Judge?

If so, what is the proper way to do it?

Thank you.

1. Retain an attorney to file an appeal. You must act now, there are strict time limitations and technical requirements.

Though we strive to provide accurate legal information in our answers on AVVO, our answer should not be construed as legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Our firm only forms attorney-client relationships by written agreement signed by both our firm and the client. Please seek an in-person consultation with an attorney immediately as almost all legal matters are time sensitive and failing to meet deadlines can result in adverse consequences.

2. You cannot ask for another judge. Consider what attorney Brabender said about filing an appeal.