United States Postal Service Lawsuit

Palmdale, CA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

About 5 days ago a USPS carrier left a packaged envelope on my porch without my knowledge. When i went to receive it i noticed the packaged was open and the items inside were gone. I had my tax information as well as two other members of my family information inside. I contacted the USPS and they informed me if the package did not have insurance there was nothing they can do. I told them my social security and bank information was in there , they didn't care and were laughing at me to make a police statement. They disrespected me and have not returned my phone call after i have called twice to put the complain in. I feel that this is not right and would like some advice to purse a lawsuit towards USPS.

First, report the possible identity theft. Please see the link below.

Suing the federal government, which the USPS is a branch of, is difficult, and you have no damages at this point anyway, other than the rude treatment, which you can report to a USPS supervisor.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes