Skip to main content

Unfair divorce proposal drive me to a corner. Need your legal help, thanks.

Lowell, MA |

I supported my wife and my son for more than 10 years. I got Green cards for them. My wife got her PhD last year and got good job in Boston, but I do not get a good job by following her to Boston. Then she plotted to divorce. First she separated her income from our common account and force me to pay everything half to half. She forced me move out. I moved out with my past income in my bank and bought a cheap house. She stole my bank statements in last year as the evidences to force me tell her where the money went. I spent some money before 4/28/2012 when Court divorce notice came. She holds my son to force me pay child support, and try to get my bank money and house in half. He salary is 3 times of mine, but her bank has less money. She is a robber to me. Help me stop her, thanks.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


That is a terrible situation but given the large discrepancy in income you should be able to get an attorney and have her pay for it. Likewise you supported her for years while she pursued school and a better job and now that she divorces you as that comes to fruition YOU may actually be eligible for alimony from her. I know it seems bleak now but you have a lot of good cards in your deck and right attorney should be able to help you immensely. I wish you the best of luck in this matter.

If you are in Massachusetts, my answering of your question does not constitute an attorney/client relationship and are for informational purposes only. If you wish to contact me to discuss your question further I offer a 30 minute free consultation and can be reached at 413-522-6263. If you are not in Massachusetts I am not giving you legal advice as I am not licensed in your state and my comments should be viewed as for informational purposes only.


I am terribly sorry you are faced with this problem. It sounds like you need the guidance of an experiance local family law attorney as there a number of possible serious issues regarding division of assets, alimony, child support and custody. The best advice I can provide you right now is to contact a local family law attorney, meet with them and tackle each one of these issues. I wish you all the best.



I am interested in your service. Do you want to help me? thanks.

Joshua N Robbins

Joshua N Robbins


I would be happy to speak with you. Please calle at 781-647-8100 or email me at I look forward to hearing from you.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer