Unemployment Over Payment Question..

Asked 2 months ago - Franklin, WI

Unemployment Over Payment Question..
Hi,I received UE from 1/12/13 to 12/28/13.I also had income from a PT job(taking care of my Mother) that I notified them about and have letters from them with that information on it.I misunderstood the procedure and thought once I initially reported the job and they were aware of it that I didn't have to claim it every week.They also waived me from the job search because of the PT job.I received a letter of over payment 2 weeks ago and a phone hearing last week.They "lady" was rude,would not let me finish answering her questions,ect.I received a letter this week saying I concealed income and that the overpayment was no fault of theirs,and they are threatening court action.They say I have to repay everything back because I concealed income and owe them $15,000 with interest and fines.They also added a week that I never received any benefits(1/13/14). Also I paid taxes on all income,never tried to hide anything,they knew about the job but continued to pay for a year.I don't believe its entirely my fault and I did not conceal anything,I just misunderstood the procedure. Is there anything I can do?,Is there an Attorney in Milwaukee County that can help me?

1. Alan C. Olson

Pro

Answered . This is not something you should try to deal with unless you are represented by legal counsel. Atty. McLeod would be the best in my opinion