Unemployment Insurance Overpayments

Hayward, CA |

Terminated February 2013 from my last job qualify for Unemployment benefits the only problem I'm having with office now no payments.Applied in April 2013 I had a telephone interview the Unemployment representative told me I have to wait two weeks then I should receive a payments.Thats not the case I have not received any payments.

1. You really do not post a question. Additionally, your headline speaks of overpayments but you do not explain anything about overpayments in the body of your post.

If you received overpayment of unemployment insurance benefits in the past, and you now qualify again for benefits, the EDD will withhold the present benefits to repay the overpayment. That would a one explanation for why you qualified for benefits several months ago but are not getting any checks now.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.