Skip to main content

Unemployment Fraud, filing appeal with state

Saint Paul, MN |

I received a letter from the State of Minnesota that said I did not disclose all of my income to the Unemployment office. I have proof that the clerk at the Job Center gave me incorrect information when I filled out my weekly request form which is what the State is basing the claim on. I need to complete an appeal form. Is there a legal term (or legal basis) for not-guilty because I was given incorrect information by the department's representative?

Attorney Answers 1


To get help in the appeal process check the link for Appeal Rights at

Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose a Lawyer for you.”

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "What Do I Tell My Lawyer"?

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding.

Mark as helpful

3 found this helpful

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics