Undocumented immigrant married to us can we apply for residency.

Rockville, MD |

i came to us with a six months working visa and has expired for about five years now.i am married to a us citizen who is in the millitary about a month ago in the court,what are the process we can take for me to apply for green card.thank you.

''a month ago in the court'' i mean we got married a month ago and where the ceremony was done.thanks my visa is H2B WORKING VISA FROM GHANA.

What do you mean by "a month ago in the court" Who is in court and why? The answer to your question probably hinges on that.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Assuming there are no underlying criminal issues, your spouse files the preference application for you and you file for adjustment of status. You will need to submit documents showing the bona fides of the marriage, biographic documents, a medical exam and affidavit of support. I would hire an experienced immigration attorney as the process can be easily derailed at any time and you end up in deportation proceedings.

You need to provide more information about the type of work visa you entered on and what country you are from as there may be adjustment issues depending on your responses. If you are otherwise eligible to file for adjustment of status, your spouse will need to file a petition for alien relative and application to adjust status along with all relevant supplements and supporting documentation. You should definitely consult with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss your situation in detail before filing.

Recommended articles about Immigration