Undocumented immigrant flying domestically

Asked 4 months ago - 11003

Hello, I'm planning to fly from LA to Chicago soon. I wanted to know if undocumented immigrants are permitted to fly domestically? I have my country's passport and I have a approved I - 130 petition and now waiting for my visa number (GC Spouse). I wanted to know if this is too risky and would it jeopardize my case.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . If you have a valid passport you should be okay.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

1

Answered . No, flying domestically will not be too risky in your situation if you have a valid national passport with a current photo that you can use to cross the TSA security lines. (There is absolutely no need to show your I-130 receipt, etc.,as first of all that does not establish your legal right to be present in the US and second TSA personnel does not understand (or care) what an I-130 is.

3. Jennifer Heewon Ahn

1

Answered . You should not a have a problem flying with your passport.